Friday, June 22, 2012

William & I are going camping!

We're going camping soon and I'm really excited!  We went once when we were in college, but that was totally last minute, no proper supplies, college camping.  I'm prepared now.

I heard on KPCC (NPR) about the California State Parks that are closing - there were filmmakers from "The First 70" documentary that were on and they talked about how they visited the 70 state parks that are slated to close.  One of their favorites was Limekiln SP up in Big Sur.  I've always wanted to camp in Big Sur so since the park was closing, this seemed like I was being pushed to go.

Check out this beautiful coastline, I'm really looking forward to this trip!

Good news, Limekiln (and Palomar, another one of my favorite parks) have recently been saved through lobbying efforts and partnerships with other organizations.

No comments:

Post a Comment